Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Garden Decor from MyMothersGarden

MyMothersGarden on Etsy





I stumbled upon MyMothersGarden on Etsy over a year ago, but it wasn't prudent for me to indulge at the time, what with all the economic insecurity. But I've noticed things are starting to turn around...maybe I'm optimistic, but there you have it.

Anyway, I had been setting some mad money aside and decided to splurge it on garden pottery. I had been keeping an eye on the shop, waiting for the garden goddess face that spoke to me. Wouldn't you know it, but there she was! It was fate!



The garden goddess is actually a pocket planter, with a small planting space behind her face. I've always wanted one of those hanging burro succulents, but to tell you the truth, I don't know that I want to put any dirt in her!

Garden Decor by MyMothersGardenFor the shade garden, I chose these glowing blue mushrooms. I recently have had a running conversation on Twitter with artist, @RobinPedrero about Alice in Wonderland. I bought a Drink Me mug from her, so the mushrooms just seemed the next logical step. Because I don't know which is the shrinking side, however, I think I'll refrain from nibbling them!

MyMothersGarden Toad HouseFinally, since I'm rather fond of frogs (see my logo), I chose this toad house. Now, we don't have any toads here; not even any frogs, but I thought this might look nice in the garden and maybe even work as a sun cover for my drip irrigation controls (plastic+sun is not a good thing). I suspect that, over time, the snails will start to congregrate and I can then use the cover as a snail trap to attract and then dispose. Escargot, anyone?

8 comments:

My Mother's Garden said...

Hi Judy!

Your garden treasures look wonderful! The pieces look so nice nestled near your fern plants and what a great idea to use the toad abodes as a place for snail bait. A little cup of beer under the toad abode would be perfect for detouring the little buggers away from garden plants. The garden goddess looks so pretty with the contrast of the wooden fence. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures! It really warms my heart. : )

Cheers to a fun "Mad Money" shopping spree! The "Drink me" cup has such a lovely image on it...what a great way to start the day with a cup of tea or coffee!

Fondly,
Karrita

Originals by Lauren said...

beautiful selection, what a wonderful shop.

Midnightcoiler said...

This is a wonderful display of Karrita's work! Great photos and looks like you have some lovely shady areas in your garden. Mymothersgarden creates really beautiful things!

Robin Pedrero said...

LOvely pieces!

Judy said...

I have to agree that my garden and Karrita's work were meant for each other! I have plenty of sun, but these pieces are right at home in the shade garden. I have plenty of garden left to decorate on my next foray to MyMothersGarden! I've already started saving my pennies!

Jaci said...

I love Karrita's pieces! I think I'll have to start saving mad money for the next garden season :) Thanks for the inspiration!
ByTheWay

Mudgoddess said...

You know I am another garden lover... Beautiful garden inspired pieces Karrita!!

Heather Leavers said...

oh how beautiful! Enjoy your garden even more now :-)